Click HERE to Apply!
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the supervision of overall safety, operation, maintenance, and repair of all engines, mechanical, and electrical systems.
Essential Job Functions
• Inventory, requisition, and procure spare parts, fuel, lubrication oils, and other materials that are required for efficient and safe operations of the engine room
• Communicate with the Port Engineer concerning vessel repairs and maintenance
• Complete Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and/or Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA)
• Keep payroll timesheets for the engine room crew and periodically issue performance reviews
• Delegate engine room personnel to perform maintenance tasks and repairs to pumps, motors, diesel engines, and other equipment on the dredge and attendant plant
• Supervise repairs to ensure that they are performed to specified standards
• Keep accurate records in order to create engine room logs and inventories
• Track fuel, oil, and water consumption
• Define and schedule maintenance priorities
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Superintendent
• Abide by company and worksite safety policies to achieve a “Safety First” workplace
Directly supervises engine room personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and appraising performance, disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Certifications or Licenses
Additional duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position may be required as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mike Hooks, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.